Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why stop there?

The freeway signs around town all say "No texting while driving-Jan 1". No texting while driving?! I thought that was obvious! But then I got to thinking, why stop there? Just since Christmas Day I've seen people doing the following while driving: putting on makeup, eating with utensils, reading some sort of papers, shaving and even GETTING DRESSED WHILE DRIVING! Hello, people! I'm out there driving with you, and would appreciate it if you paid at least a little attention to what you were doing with that big hunk of metal and gasoline you're weaving around in. I don't know about you, but I'd like to come home at night. I'll get my reading, shaving and dressing done there, thank you.

And as for "why stop there?", it seems to me that we didn't even need the no texting law. There are already laws against "driving while distracted". Wouldn't texting fall under the category of a distraction?

No comments:

Post a Comment