Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What the hell are people thinking, again

The sheer stupidity of some members of humanity still doesn't cease to amaze me. Take tonight for example. I am out running (I know, some of you are now adding me into that stupidity label) when I pass a house where the owner is mowing his lawn with a gas powered push mower, with his 4 year old kid sitting on top. I'll stop here so you can absorb that. Go ahead, re-read it. He had his kid sitting on top of the machine with the rapidly spinning blade capable of amputation or death! We need a license to drive a car, own a gun, fly a plane or even ride a bike (remember having to go to the fire station to get a bike license? No? Boy I am getting old, aren't I?) but we don't need squat, other than active glands, to have kids! It's harder to get a dog from the pound than it is to have children, so is it any wonder we are growing into such a stupid race? Persons (singular) are smart. People (as a whole) are dumb!

Speaking of dumb:

Texting Teen Unaware As She Falls into Sewer
Texting Teen Unaware As She Falls into Sewer ... the hard way when she fell into an uncovered sewer manhole while trying to send a message. Now, the family of Alexa Longueira, 15, intends to sue.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31853449/

Now who do they intend to sue? The city for putting that big hole in the middle of the sidewalk? The cellphone company for making the screen on the phone too small? The public school system for not properly teaching their daughter to walk and chew gum at the same time? Maybe they should stop wasting public time on this frivolous stuff, and teach their daughter to keep her eyes open!

Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment